Saturday, June 6, 2009

Two weeks and counting

As some of you are finding your way to this blog, I'm struggling with the ins and outs of photo uploading so that they can show up here. I want to upload a slide show of the photos I took in the past of Rome. For some odd reason I am able to upload the photos into the appropriate photo album, but when I go to put them on the blog, the album of the photos I took during our field trip to NYC come up. This is a strange occurrence, because when I was looking for those photos I could not find them. So way back in February, when I downloaded them I must have done something that is now allowing me to view them, even if they are in the wrong spot.

The more I play with this the more confused I get with the meanings of some of the terms, is downloading the same as uploading? The same way some people say downtown, and some say uptown. Will let you know once I find out. Meryl, I may need your assistance on this.

Do not fret, I will have it figured out before I get there.

2 comments:

  1. Sucess, after hours of trials and errors, oh so many errors, I was able to upload my own photos.

    The slideshow on the side is of photos I took in April 2007 when I took a group to Italy. These are not all the photos of Rome, only 48 of 907. I will post updates with new photos once I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I got a quick lesson on Downloading and Uploading, here follows the explanation for those of you who like me are in the dark at times.

    DOWNLOADING:
    The flow of data is from external server to your computer.

    UPLOADING:
    The flow of data is from your computer to external server.

    In telecom terms, your computer is the "downstream" end of things, and the web servers are the "upstream" end of things.

    ReplyDelete