Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just before I take a nap

The flight could not have been more perfect. It took off on time, and landed on time. I had an aisle seat, and the woman next to me did not speak any English, Spanish or Italian. She was flying on to Lebanon and we communicated in some sign language fashion, and for some reason I became her interpreter with the handsome Italian flight attendant. He paid me back by bringing me a cognac from first class, which helped me doze off for a while.

The hotel seems nice, but I haven't seen much of it. My room was available so they let me into the room without having to wait for this afternoon. Now I plan on taking a shower and then take a nap. The taxi driver told me that there is a very good Sicilian pastry shop near the hotel, later I may venture out to go find a cannoli or some gelato.

Italy is 6 hours ahead, so it is 10:30am Sunday morning. I wish you a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmigosh Maria! I am so excited for you! I wish I were going to be there! I don't have to say "have a wonderful time" because I KNOW YOU WILL!!!!

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete